Website Karnataka Digital Economy Mission
The Karnataka Digital Economy Mission promises to harness the unlimited potential of the digital economy of Karnataka and transform the lives of the people in the state. The IT ecosystem will uplift IT professionals in the industry and also power millions of other ancillary jobs across other industries. The coming decades promises growth and maturity of the IT and start up ecosystems in Bengaluru City and extended cities in Karnataka, It endeavors to raise its current Global ranking from being among the Top 30 Global Startup Ecosystems in the World.
Aspirational Goals :
To create Digital Economy which funds 30% of the overall GDP
Achieve USD 150 bn in IT exports
Support Domestic and International Outreach & Partnership Development
KDEM leadership team will guide growth and investments in its five Verticals through support and mentoring received from The Advocacy Council. A strong directional partnership will enable the management to create and execute the vision and strategy plans with a well-defined implementation roadmaps.
KDEM will also facilitate execution of short-term and long-term projects. The focus is to achieve annual goals, increase investment flow and align existing activities within the overall KDEM Goals.
Vertical: Beyond Bengaluru
Aims to strengthen the digital economy by focusing and enhancing contributions from other regions like Mysore, Mangalore and Hubli cluster. Information Technology sector in Bengaluru contributes 98% of the 25% GSDP. This vertical will focus on improving connectivity to remote parts and endeavour to reduce the rural-urban divide, by establishing the required infrastructure by extending to other cities like Hubli, Mysore and Mangalore.
This initiative aims to achieve a 10% of the GSDP in the coming 5 years.
Develop strategies, facilitate implementations of all “Beyond Bengaluru” efforts with regards to Policy advocacy, Budgets, Government relations, Market Development, Communication, and Outreach activities. The role requires incumbent to build and execute a well-defined road map for “Beyond Bengaluru” such that it can contribute 10% to GSDP in the coming 5 years.
Build the brand equity of the state by partnering with IT companies, the investors, accelerators at Global, State and National level. Facilitate growth footprint by working with government and the IT/ITES community. Create a platform to resolve operational challenges between Government frameworks and ensure Enterprise innovations are achieved successfully.
The position requires metric focused change agent to drive success, through in-depth research & community mobilization.
- Attract and host 5000 IT companies and start-ups by the year 2026 in the identified clusters
- Create 10,00,000 New Jobs (Direct & Indirect) by 2026 in the identified clusters
- State GDP contribution : 1-2 %
- Size of the IT Industry to the tune of USD 10 Bn by 2026
- Revenue from exports per year USD 10 Bn by 2026
- Strategy & Stakeholder Management:
- Evangelize & position “Beyond Bengaluru” cities (Mysuru, Hubli, Mangalore, Shivamogga, Kalaburagi, and Belagavi) as emerging destinations for key IT/ITES, CoE, ESDM, and the thrust areas.
- To identifyand create plug and play facilities for attracting businesses to relocate or co-locate in partnership with the “Beyond Bangalore” cluster specific advisory committee members.
- To create a significant growth pipeline for an identified cluster, partner with existing “Beyond Bengaluru” clusters leads and committee members to attract corporates (International Companies, Indian Multinational, Startups/MSMEs.
- Conduct regular research & survey of the existing demand data of corporates that are currently being supported by talent from “Beyond Bengaluru” clusters;
- Design & implement a pull strategy to retain and grow cluster specific talent.
- Build outreach programs with State, corporates, investors & accelerators.
- Forge partnerships in promoting and branding “Beyond Bengaluru” and its activities across various clusters.
- Be the “Go To” person for all the “Beyond Bengaluru” clusters to clearly articulate the government specific incentives that are available for innovation, growth, and development for the respective clusters.
- Engage business leaders and entrepreneurs to develop and drive a distributed delivery model or the “SUPPLY” side of the “Beyond Bengaluru” initiative through technology enablement.
- Create and promote all “Beyond Bengaluru” market facing programs – develop campaigns in lines of “Incredible India’ campaign
- Encourage & motivate industries to setup base across all “Beyond Bengaluru” clusters by partnering with – GCC Service providers, Co-working/Managed Space Developers, Real Estate Developers, Infrastructure Companies (Internet, Telecom, etc.), Training & Up skilling Organizations, and Industry Body Associations
- Build, train and develop critical team members who will forge the “Beyond Bengaluru” initiative
- Organize events across clusters in collaboration with educational & research institutions to bridge the corporate/academia gap
- Conduct fund raising events for “Beyond Bengaluru”
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
|Education & Experience||Essential: Graduate
Preferably a Post-Graduate with premier institute.
|Experience||18+ years of total work experience managing large initiatives/programs.
Well networked and played a senior executive or leadership role in a corporate or is a successful entrepreneur
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities||
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com