Website Karnataka Digital Economy Mission
The Karnataka Digital Economy Mission promises to harness the unlimited potential of the digital economy of Karnataka and transform the lives of the people in the state. The IT ecosystem will uplift IT professionals in the industry and also power millions of other ancillary jobs across other industries. The coming decades promises growth and maturity of the IT and start up ecosystems in Bengaluru City and extended cities in Karnataka, It endeavors to raise its current Global ranking from being among the Top 30 Global Startup Ecosystems in the World.
Aspirational Goals :
To create Digital Economy which funds 30% of the overall GDP
Achieve USD 150 bn in IT exports
Support Domestic and International Outreach & Partnership Development
KDEM leadership team will guide growth and investments in its five Verticals through support and mentoring received from The Advocacy Council. A strong directional partnership will enable the management to create and execute the vision and strategy plans with a well-defined implementation roadmaps.
KDEM will also facilitate execution of short-term and long-term projects. The focus is to achieve annual goals, increase investment flow and align existing activities within the overall KDEM Goals.
This role will be responsible for KDEM’s ESDM program, which aims to create and impact the ESDM ecosystem in the state. A highly visible position with responsibility to carry the brand of KDEM at National & State level. It requires the incumbent to lead with zeal and passion & create growth track record across the State.
The position requires the incumbent to create and execute a strategy to grow Karnataka ESDM ecosystem. Build partnerships with incubators, accelerators, VC’s, corporate sponsors, industry partners, media houses and local entrepreneurial networks to achieve Digital growth.
This position also includes to support:
- Facilitate ESDM Investments in the State.
- Bring Industry feedback on the ESDM and other related policies to bridge the gap in understanding, improving and drafting new policies for Government of Karnataka.
- Policy outreach to make Industry aware about the policies and its benefits for expansion and new investments
- Prepare road map on overall talent requirement for ESDM and work with partner ecosystem to strategize the availability of the talent for the industry
- Set up innovation ecosystem for ESDM
- Develop partnership with various partners like IESA, ASSOCHAM, COE’s and others.
- Manage deftly complex programs with continuous engagement with all the stakeholders.
Aspirational Goals set up:
- Startup ecosystem beyond Bengaluru
- Qualifications, Experience, expected proficiency
- Double the current employment in ESDM
- 10X Investment in the field of EMS, FAB, ATMP, Supply Chain) in the next 5 years
- Set-up of Semiconductor Technology Park
- Create “Enterprise Class” Deep Tech Companies (5 Companies in the next 5 Years)
- Strategy & Stakeholder Management:
- Strategize, plan and manage the program activities for ESDM vertical.
- Create and design road map for the next wave of technology for ESDM organizations.
- Address the critical bottlenecks in the current industry and grow the ESDM Ecosystem
- Focus on policy initiatives with various departments in the State and align the same with policies of the Centre.
- Create strong partnerships with IESA, ASSOCHAM and COE’s.
- Identify potential mentors to associate with the program and on-board them & provide them recognition
- Be the Primary Contact to identify challenges and inhibitors for Growth, with respect to the ESDM segment.
- Raise funds for the program if required.
- Achieve the aspiration goals set up for the vertical as listed above.
- Identify potential Industry Anchors., to participate in designing and executing the strategy for the vertical.
- Ensure adherence of all relevant compliance policies, regulations and framework.
- Continuously gather data/insights from internal and external stakeholder on the industry and provide key analytics and insights to the relevant stakeholders
- Cross leverage the network, internal /external resources and stakeholders to create value for the ESDM community.
- Build opportunities for ESDM in emerging clusters in Karnataka
- Engage with various state level departments to support them in implementation of their ESDM policies.
- Build relationships with technology research organizations/academic institutions to explore opportunity of collaboration with ESDM ecosystem
- To facilitate the plan to develop “Semiconductor Technology Park”.
- Develop and execute strategy for attracting and setting up of ESDM companies.
- Partner with the Government of Karnataka, Steering Committee, investors and stakeholders for the full success of ESDM program.
- Create forum to listen and understand challenges and requirements of the companies
- Create robust frameworks for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learnings of the ESDM companies & drive timely analysis of quantitative data and qualitative feedback to measure differential Impact of program
- Provide integrated intelligence from results and customer feedback
- Build and Maintain ESDM segment database to track progress and growth.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
|Education & Experience||Essential: Graduate
Desirable: MBA from premier institute.
Relevant experience 10-12 years
|Experience||Overall Total work experience of 18+ years|
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities||
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org