Website Karnataka Digital Economy Mission
The Karnataka Digital Economy Mission promises to harness the unlimited potential of the digital economy of Karnataka and transform the lives of the people in the state. The IT ecosystem will uplift IT professionals in the industry and also power millions of other ancillary jobs across other industries. The coming decades promises growth and maturity of the IT and start up ecosystems in Bengaluru City and extended cities in Karnataka, It endeavors to raise its current Global ranking from being among the Top 30 Global Startup Ecosystems in the World.
Aspirational Goals :
To create Digital Economy which funds 30% of the overall GDP
Achieve USD 150 bn in IT exports
Support Domestic and International Outreach & Partnership Development
KDEM leadership team will guide growth and investments in its five Verticals through support and mentoring received from The Advocacy Council. A strong directional partnership will enable the management to create and execute the vision and strategy plans with a well-defined implementation roadmaps.
KDEM will also facilitate execution of short-term and long-term projects. The focus is to achieve annual goals, increase investment flow and align existing activities within the overall KDEM Goals.
Vertical: Startup & Innovation: Karnataka is on the Top 5 Start Up ecosystem in the country and is recognized for its Innovations, in various sectors of the economy. Karnataka has created many recognized Unicorns
As Events and Marketing head, you are responsible to research newer trends & business model that impact opportunities in the State. Responsible to meet industry associations and, work closely with all key stake holders, industry anchors & policy makers, to build robust offer roadmap, propose innovative business model and grow the ecosystem.
This position also includes to support :
- Start-up Policy Facilitation
- In developing Innovation framework through CoE, TBIs, NAINs and CIFs;
- Industry connect & Enterprise connect programmes for Start-ups
- To Design and Implement Digital research Hub.
- To Provide implementation support for Karnataka Investment Authority (KIA)
- ELEVATE companies through effective mentoring & acceleration programs
Manage deftly complex programs with continuous engagement with all the stakeholders.
Aspirational Goals set up :
- Startups’ contribution to about 5% of the State’s GDP
- 25,000 Startups to employ about 10 lakh professionals
- 150 VC investors with corpus of USD 100 billion
- 40 Unicorns and 50 Soonicorns
- Startup ecosystem Beyond Bengaluru
– Create an events calendar for all KDEM events at the state, national and international level. A calendar of visits across countries by KDEM.
– Create event marketing strategies for different kind of KDEM events measure the event strategy impact and success.
– Creates a list of Key performance indicators for each event. Use the KPIs as a yardstick to measure an event’s success after the event is over.
– Focus on RoI across all the KDEM events and create and outcome-based events report.
– Connect with industry associations like CII, TiE, NASSCOM, IESA to and evaluate to partner at their events that bring maximum mileage for KDEM
– Event planning and calendar for all beyond Bengaluru events.
– Event planning for each event, including budgeting, monitoring against plan and budget
– Promote the KDEM brand and create a strategy for the same.
– Actively identify marketing and promotion opportunities for KDEM brand and events.
– To monitor and analyze the data and trends in the different technology areas.
– Prepare digital and social media marketing strategy and campaigns in alignment with the organization objectives
– Directly meet and engage with industry anchors to effectively understand the need of customers
– Acts as an interface to with global partner connects
– Develop and implement marketing plans for each focus area and policy initiatives
– Manage budgets and cluster events and projects
– End to end planning and execution capability
– Comfortable with making presentations, proposals, concept notes etc
– RoI driven against every project executed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
|Education & Experience||Essential: Graduate
Desirable: MBA from premier institute.
Strong industry connects with Industry, Industry associations and Government department will be a great advantage
|Experience||Overall Total work experience of 15+ years|
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities||
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com