Website Karnataka Digital Economy Mission
The Karnataka Digital Economy Mission promises to harness the unlimited potential of the digital economy of Karnataka and transform the lives of the people in the state. The IT ecosystem will uplift IT professionals in the industry and power millions of other ancillary jobs across other industries. The coming decades promises growth and maturity of the IT and start up ecosystems in Bengaluru City and extended cities in Karnataka. Current Global ranking for Karnataka is among the Top 30 Global Start-up Ecosystems in the World.
This role will be responsible for KDEM’s GCC program, which aims to create and impact the IT, BPM & GCC ecosystem in the state. A highly visible position with responsibility to carry the brand of KDEM at National & State level. It requires the incumbent to lead with zeal and passion & create growth track record across the State.
The position requires the incumbent to create and execute a strategy to grow Karnataka IT, BPM & GCC ecosystem. Build partnerships with global organizations, product organizations, incubators, accelerators, VC’s, corporate sponsors, industry partners, media houses and local entrepreneurial networks to achieve Digital growth.
The position aims to:
- Attract at least 200 new age global companies in IT & BPM, ER&D, Software products.
- Create additional 1 Mn direct and Indirect jobs in the next 5 years.
- Create strategy to make Karnataka the most favored Engineering and Research and Development destination
- Support Domestic and International Outreach & Partnership Development
This position also includes to support:
- Facilitate IT, BPM & GCC Investments in the State.
- Bring Industry feedback on IT, BPM & GCC and other related policies to bridge the gap in understanding, improving, and drafting new policies for Government of Karnataka.
- Policy outreach to make Industry aware about the policies and its benefits for expansion and new investments
- Prepare road map on overall talent requirement for IT, BPM & GCC and work with partner ecosystem to strategize the availability of the talent for the industry
- Set up innovation ecosystem for IT, BPM & GCC.
- Develop partnership with various partners like NASSCOM, ASSOCHAM, COE’s and others.
- Manage deftly complex programs with continuous engagement with all the stakeholders.
- Expand IT, BPM & GCC ecosystem beyond Bengaluru
- Double the current employment in IT, BPM & GCC
- Grow the Software Products revenue by 10X in the next 8 years
- Strategize, plan, and manage the program activities for IT, BPM & GCC vertical.
- Create and design road map for the next wave of technology for IT, BPM & GCC
- Address the critical bottlenecks in the current industry and grow the IT, BPM & GCC Ecosystem
- Focus on policy initiatives with various departments in the State and align the same with policies of the Centre.
- Create strong partnerships with NASSCOM, ASSOCHAM and COE’s.
- Identify potential mentors to associate with the program and on-board them & provide them recognition
- Be the Primary Contact to identify challenges and inhibitors for Growth, with respect to the IT, BPM & GCC.
- Raise funds for the program if required.
- Achieve the aspiration goals set up for the vertical as listed above.
- Identify potential Industry Anchors., to participate in designing and executing the strategy for the vertical.
- Ensure adherence of all relevant compliance policies, regulations, and framework.
- Continuously gather data/insights from internal and external stakeholder on the industry and provide key analytics and insights to the relevant stakeholders
- Cross leverage the network, internal /external resources, and stakeholders to create value for the IT, BPM & GCC
- Build opportunities for IT, BPM & GCC in emerging clusters in Karnataka
- Engage with various state level departments to support them in implementation of their IT, BPM & GCC
- Build relationships with technology research organizations/academic institutions to explore opportunity of collaboration with IT, BPM & GCC ecosystem
- To facilitate the plan to develop “Technology Parks” beyond Bengaluru.
- Develop and execute strategy for attracting and setting up of IT, BPM & GCC
- Partner with the Government of Karnataka, Steering Committee, investors and stakeholders for the full success of IT, BPM & GCC
- Create forum to listen and understand challenges and requirements of the companies
- Create robust frameworks for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learnings of the IT, BPM & GCC companies & drive timely analysis of quantitative data and qualitative feedback to measure differential Impact of program
- Provide integrated intelligence from results and customer feedback
- Build and maintain IT, BPM & GCC segment database to track progress and growth
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education & Experience
Desirable: MBA from premier institute.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Interested candidates email us with subject name “Applying for Head – IT Products & Services, BPM and GCC” to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com