VP – Talent Accelerator
Desirable: MBA from premier institute.
Desirable: MBA from premier institute.
Roles & responsibilities
- Develop a clear vision & milestones for the vertical. And take end to end accountability and ownership of the entire strategy and execution.
- Should be a hands-on leader and be deeply engaged with stakeholders and be in thick of things, controlling, monitoring and guiding the team.
- Identify and address the critical bottlenecks in the current industry requirement and talent availability.
- Create and design road map for the talent training and industry readiness.
- Focus on policy initiatives with various departments in the State and align the same with policies of the Centre.
- Establish partnerships with academia and influence them to include courses to cater to the industry needs.
- Identify potential mentors to associate with the program and on-board them & provide them recognition.
- Identify challenges and inhibitors for talent availability.
- Raise funds for the program if required.
- Achieve the aspiration goals set up for the vertical as listed above.
- Identify potential Industry Anchors., to participate in designing and executing the strategy for Talent Accelerator.
- Influence academia to include industry ready skills in their curriculum.
- Connect with government departments for guidance as well as influence facilitate connection with industry and academia.
- Ensure adherence of all relevant compliance policies, regulations, and framework.
- Continuously gather data/insights from internal and external stakeholder on the industry and provide key analytics and insights / reports to the relevant stakeholders.
- Cross leverage the network, internal /external resources, and stakeholders to create value for the industry as well as the organization.
- Work closely with other verticals to understand hiring requirements in emerging clusters in Karnataka. Do a skill gap analysis and create programs to bridge the gap.
- Engage with various state level departments to support them in implementation of their skill development and talent training policies.
- Build relationships with technology research organizations/academic institutions to explore opportunity of collaboration with the industry.
- Partner with the Government of Karnataka, Steering Committee, investors and Foundations and stakeholders for the full success of skill development and talent accelerator programs.
- Create forum to listen understand challenges and requirements of available talent and industry.
- Create robust frameworks for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learnings of the skill development programs & drive timely analysis of quantitative data and qualitative feedback to measure differential Impact of program.
- Provide integrated intelligence from results and customer feedback.
- Build and Maintain skill and talent database to track progress and growth
Relevant experience of 15+ years skilling, skill development, running talent accelerator or HR/Engineering professional with talent acquisition as major responsibility.
- Experience in dealing and hiring from the institutions across Karnataka as well as strong connections with HR fraternity in the industry.
- Experience in handling Government Relations, stakeholder management of corporates & senior management and faculty.
- Have an understanding on Policy and Regulations in this ecosystem.
- Aware of New Edge /Emerging technologies in play.
- Active in HR networking events and forums.
- Ability to raise funds.
- Sales skills pertaining to the activities of the vertical.
- Background or exposure to recruitment & industry-institutions partnership.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong network in India HR ecosystem with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and interaction skills; ability to build and grow relationships.
- Resourceful and ability to operate in a fast-changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in a team environment.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and handling a variety of responsibilities.
- Ability to take sound decision based on evidence.
- Passion to succeed and go getter!
- Demonstrated high standard of ethics and integrity.